Type of Position: Full-Time; permanent
Work Experience: 2-5 years
Location: Mumbai, India
Start Date: Immediate; earliest possible
About Risk Advisors
Risk Advisors is a New York based boutique advisory firm, providing research and advisory services in risk management, investment analytics, and associated technology, to solve clients’ business challenges, and identify emerging opportunities for them. Our clients come from across the financial markets and investing landscape — including tier-1 institutions, traditional asset managers, and hedge funds.
Risk Advisors set up ‘India Innovation Lab’, a team based in Mumbai that works in a fully integrated manner with the New York office. The motivation of developing the India office has been to tap into the best of the Indian talent pool, and link them up with global, state-of-art projects and delivery standards. The team currently is involved in core research, development, and delivery on several client projects as well as developing our next generation investment analytics platform.
Position and Role Description
We are looking for multiple highly skilled and versatile Software Developers, adept in full-stack development, a demonstrated ability to understand new technologies, and an interest in data science methodologies including artificial intelligence and machine learning. We expect candidates to have strong existing capabilities combined with the ability to adapt and embrace new and evolving industry standards, and strive to work cohesively within our team environment.
Required Experience and Skills:
Successful candidates will meet most of the following requirements:
- 2-to-5 years of relevant work experience
- Graduate-level computer programming background
- Proficiency in Python; preference may be given to candidates with experience in server side scripting in Python/Django
- Understanding of data collection and database principles
- Quantitative, analytical and critical thinking approach to solution finding
- Demonstrated interest in finance and analytics
- Experience with working in international teams
- Clear and concise communication
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Adding to the feature set of our investment analytics platform
- Developing new modules for the product, with support from analyst team
- Integrating new analytics modules with the product back-end and other third-party systems
- Devising data visualization modules to incorporate analytics into the front-end
- Bug fixes and investigating issues as reported by analysts and customers
- Building automated test suites for new and existing modules for their accuracy, reliability, and speed
Other tasks may include:
- Brainstorming development ideas related to firm and personal interests
- Assisting in growing development team organically
- Documenting standard operating procedures for development and production support tasks
Candidates meeting requirements can expect compensation commensurate with skills, experience, and qualifications.
Is Risk Advisors for you?
- Our clients include reputable financial institutions, private equity funds, and hedge funds,
- We are developing next-generation investment analytics tools that bring together innovations in investment management, data sciences, and technology,
- Work environment tends to be self-directed, self-disciplined, lean & agile, and one that learns from best practices of startups as well as traditional workplaces globally.
We encourage only the applicants who find themselves specifically interested and well fitting in the role.
We will strive to keep you posted at all stages, though due the capacity constraints we might get back only to the short-listed candidates.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for next steps within 10 days of our submission of application.