Type of Position: Full-Time; permanent
Work Experience: 2-5 years
Location: Mumbai, India
Start Date: Immediate; earliest possible
About Risk Advisors
Risk Advisors is a New York based boutique advisory firm, providing research and advisory services in risk management, investment analytics, and associated technology, to solve clients’ business challenges, and identify emerging opportunities for them. Our clients come from across the financial markets and investing landscape — including tier-1 institutions, traditional asset managers, and hedge funds.
Risk Advisors set up ‘India Innovation Lab’, a team based in Mumbai that works in a fully integrated manner with the New York office. The motivation of developing the India office has been to tap into the best of the Indian talent pool, and link them up with global, state-of-art projects and delivery standards. The team currently is involved in core research, development, and delivery on several client projects as well as developing our next generation investment analytics platform.
Position and Role Description
We are currently seeking to hire a Business Analyst in Mumbai who will work directly with our clients and with our team in New York and Mumbai. The analyst’s primary role is to elicit and understand business requirements, and take an active role in the requirements gathering/documentation, process and system design, system validation and Q/A testing for both client projects and internal product development.
Required Experience and Skills:
Successful candidates will meet most of the following requirements:
- 2-to-5 years of relevant work experience with a financial institution, investment manager, or consulting firm
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in areas such as Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Computer Systems, or equivalent
- Industry credentials such as CA, CFA, FRM or similar
- Demonstrated understanding of business process modeling, business systems development and analysis
- Experience in financial data analysis and modelling in Excel/VBA, R, Python, and/or similar
- Understanding of data collection and database principles
- Quantitative, analytical and critical thinking approach to solution finding
- Demonstrated interest in finance and analytics
- Experience with working in international teams
- Excellent documentation skills, presentation and communication skills.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Identify & analyze business requirements through discussion with users and direct research
- Document business requirements and related systems documentation
- Devise, implement and extend, data-modelling solutions in Excel/VBA, Python, R, and associated technologies
- Prepare relevant test scenarios to ensure that testing results correspond to the business expectations
- Lead and manage systems validation, business-level testing and quality assurance testing
- Work with developers to investigate and resolve system bugs
- Build automated test suites for new and existing modules for their accuracy, reliability, and speed
- Conduct client trainings and demos, participate and present in client meetings
Other tasks may include:
- Brainstorming development ideas related to firm and personal interests
- Documenting standard operating procedures for development and production support tasks
Candidates meeting requirements can expect compensation commensurate with skills, experience, and qualifications.
Is Risk Advisors for you?
- Our clients include reputable financial institutions, private equity funds, and hedge funds,
- We are developing next-generation investment analytics tools that bring together innovations in investment management, data sciences, and technology,
- Work environment tends to be self-directed, self-disciplined, lean & agile, and one that learns from best practices of startups as well as traditional workplaces globally.
We encourage only the applicants who find themselves specifically interested and well fitting in the role.
We will strive to keep you posted at all stages, though due the capacity constraints we might get back only to the short-listed candidates.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for next steps within 10 days of our submission of application.