Our client, a Brazilian Family Office, was seeking exposure to US markets and had planned to allocate USD 20 million in investable assets. The client had an initial idea of the types of investment strategies that they were interested in and approached Risk Advisors with a preliminary list of funds. The client was looking to construct a portfolio of diverse funds, rather than allocate all the investable assets in a single fund. Our mandate was to analyze the given list of funds as well as to identify and propose other funds that would match the investor’s parameters. Risk Advisors met with the client to get a better understanding of their investment preferences and through discussion, decided to focus on equity strategies and opportunistic credit strategies, with a preference for emerging managers based out of the US.
- Compiled a preliminary list of 12 funds to analyze – 5 funds came from a list of emerging managers provided by the Brazilian family office, and 7 funds from Risk Advisors’ pre-screened database and existing industry relationships.
- Analyzed the fund performances versus relative benchmarks and other similar funds in the industry.
- Reviewed fund documentation, and explained relevant aspects to help give them a better understanding of the funds and their strategies.
- Setup in-person meetings with the targeted fund managers to understand their investment strategy, background, and organizational structure.
- Produced brief reports, which included our qualitative and quantitative analysis of each fund, making it easy to understand and compare.
- Discussed our views with the client and explained different scenarios and implications of each potential investment.
- Highly experienced New York based team worked with the client, keeping the client’s objectives at the forefront of the advisory process.
- Access to high quality hedge fund managers through Risk Advisors’ industry network.
- Streamlined information gathering and fund analysis, providing client with actionable recommendations based on client’s objectives.